Leadership & Christian Life

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Second Teaching [Preaching]

Ate Eugene, one of my co-leaders in the MYF, asked me to take her place; teaching on Dec 16th Nights of Obsession Service. I’m scheduled to have my second ‘preaching’ to the youth early next year, originally on the first Friday of January. She said there’s a conflict in schedule with her local church so she couldn’t teach that day. I accepted. Now, I have to think of a topic and prepare. Lord, give me wisdom. The first time I taught, we studied 1 Timothy 4:12. Hopefully, it’d be easier for me this time.

Suggestions are welcome. Our aim is to ignite the fire in the hearts of young people. Live for God. I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Less than three weeks to prepare.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:08 AM, Blogger Keith said…

    December 4, 2005


    VERSE:
    I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God
    for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then
    for the Gentile.
    -- Romans 1:16
    http://www.SearchGodsWord.org/desk/?query=Romans+1:16

    THOUGHT:
    Are you ashamed? Culture tries to make us ashamed about our
    faith, portraying people of faith as stupid, insensitive,
    judgmental, and hypocritical. Are you ashamed? Are you willing to
    share your faith humbly and gently with those who do not know Jesus
    as their Lord? Are you ashamed? Your hero left heaven to come to
    earth and risk everything so that you could come home to heaven
    with him. This Gospel is powerful. This Gospel is transformational.
    This Gospel, and the salvation it brings, is for all people. So
    let's not be ashamed; let's be joyous and generous with this
    incredible gift that we have received.

    PRAYER:
    Father in heaven, please give me wisdom, sensitivity, and
    courage to share your wonderful story of grace with those around me
    who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name.
    Amen.

    http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20051204

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Pinay said…

    Thanks, Sir Keith! I will look into this. God bless you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home