Leadership & Christian Life

Home | Memories | Favorites | Leadership |Dalagang Pinay |

Thursday, April 10, 2008

We matter to God


“Jesus said to her, ‘Mary.’”
John 20:16

I am reading a book by Ray Johnston titled, “‘What If It’s True?’ Unleashing the Power of the Resurrection in Your Life.” It’s a good book and it explains in detail how Christ’s resurrection can change a person’s life. I was in Chapter 4, and the topic has a title: “Because of the Resurrection…You Can Discover That You Matter to God.” I was surprised to find my self in tears as I go through the pages. The chapter describes the scenario when Mary came to anoint Jesus’ body but instead found an empty tomb. She was in despair and state of hopelessness, with her Lord dead. But hearing just one word changed everything; the Lord called her by name (John 20:16). She was encouraged. The Lord is alive. He knew her name.

God knows my name and yours, too. And we matter to God. What an encouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home